This course is ideal for those wanting to work as either an employed or self-employed Beauty Therapist.
You’ll learn a variety of practical treatments and gain an in-depth knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathologies. As part of the course you’ll undertake a work placement in a beauty salon or spa.
On successful completion of this course you can become a member of the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (BABTAC) or the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT).
Mandatory modules include:
- Health and Safety
- Client Care and Consultation
- Body Analysis
- Skin Analysis
- Swedish Massage Therapy
- Body Electrical Treatment
- Facial Electrical Treatment
- Electrical Science
- Mechanical Massage
- Anatomy and Physiology for the Face and Body Systems
- Learn from experienced industrial specialists
- Study in specialist salons with industry-standard equipment
- Work on real-life clients in our commercial salons
- You’ll have the chance to gain additional qualifications including Indian head massage, hot stone massage, ear-piercing, tanning, retail and sales techniques.
- Hear from guest speakers from local businesses and Stiener cruise ships
- Opportunity to attend the Beauty Therapy Trade Show and other events
- Competitions including Sewhat and World Skills
- Work experience opportunities with local employers including Apothecary and Ye OIde Bell
- Four GCSEs at Grade 4 or above including English and maths (Science at grade 4 is desirable)
- Successful completion of a Level 2 Qualification in Beauty Therapy or Media Make-up
- Successful interview and workshop with a Course Tutor
- Excellent client care and communication skills
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01909 504500.
- Level 4 Beauty Skin Specialist
- HNC/HND in Specialist Make-up
- Foundation Degree in Theatrical Hair and Media Make-up
- BA (Hons) Theatrical Hair and Media Make-up (Top-up)
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify for help with fees.
You’ll have the opportunity to work in a commercial salon environment with real clients.
You’ll be expected to purchase a uniform and top up kit and pay for educational visits which form part of the course. Further costs may incur depending on chosen additional activities.
“I love coming in to College, seeing friends and working with hair and make-up. In the future, I want to work with celebrities’ hair and make-up and the skills we learn at College can really help me with that.”Oliver Soar Level 2 - Make-up Services
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024- 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.