This course is designed to provide you with the broad knowledge, understanding and skill to become a qualified bricklayer.
You will have the chance to get your CSCS card and gain work experience on live projects with local employers.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Working on Site-simulated Scaffolding
- Cladding Timber Framed Buildings
- Construction of Basic Arches and Solid wall Piers
- Building Cavity Wall Structures
- Team work
- English and maths (if required)
- Learn from industry-experienced tutors with a wealth of experience in all construction trades
- Opportunity to work on a Heritage Project with Bassetlaw Council and the Thoresby Estate
- Great links to local employers including Polypipe, Sherwood Construction and Bassetlaw District Council
- Participate in industry competitions such as Skill Build, World Skills and inter-college competitions
- Attend site visits with local employers
- Access to industry-standard workshops, tools and equipment
- A thriving industry with 6,630 homes to be built in Bassetlaw by 2035
- No formal entry requirements
- You will undertake initial diagnostic tests and an interview with a tutor before starting this course
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01909 504500.
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
You will require Personal Protective Equipment including work trousers and safety shoes or boots.
“I really enjoy the hands-on learning that the Joinery course offers. This course, and the great teachers help me develop the skills that I will need for a career as a Joiner.”Josh Betts Level 1 - Certificate in Construction Skills
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024-25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.