This course will help you gain the skills required to work in the engineering industry.
You will gain general engineering skills covering mechanical engineering, CAD and Fabrication and Welding.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Working Safely
- Working Efficiently and Effectively
- How to Use MIG and TIG Welding Equipment
- Producing Platework Components
- Bench Fitting Skills
- Turning Skills
- CAD Techniques
- English and Maths (if required)
- Our College has a proven track record within this field and the staff are industry trained experts
- You will use a range of modern technology to support your studies including the latest CNC and CAD/CAM equipment
- You will gain employability skills
- You will take part in work experience in local industry
- You will take part in visits to Engineering Industry linked events
- You will hear from a range of guest speakers from the Engineering sector
- GCSE English and maths at Grade 3 or above
- Successful interview with a course tutor
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01909 504500.
- Level 2 Engineering Operations (Knowledge or Skills depending on pathway selected)
- Level 3 Engineering
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify for help with fees.
All Personal Protective Equipment will be provided; however, students must purchase scientific calculators independently.
“I decided to go to North Notts College as it is local to where I live and I get to study a practical course which will help me get a job after College.”William Long Level 2 - Diploma in Engineering Operations
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024-25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.