This mainly practical-based course is the perfect step for students looking to gain knowledge and skills in the hair and beauty sector.
You’ll learn a variety of techniques and skills in hairdressing, beauty therapy and make-up and have the chance to choose units that suit your interests and skills.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Blow Drying and Styling
- Health and Safety
- Nail Treatments
- Nail Art
- Create an Image
- Plus Other Units if Required
- Learn from experienced industrial specialists
- Study in specialist salons with industry-standard equipment
- You will have the chance to gain additional qualifications including lashes, ear-piercing, tanning, retail and sales techniques , hair extensions and waxing techniques
- Hear from guest speakers from local businesses
- Work experience opportunities with local employers including Apothecary and Ye OIde Bell
- GCSE grade 2/3 in English and maths or;
- Level 1 Hair and Beauty
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01909 504500.
- Level 2 Hairdressing
- Level 2 Beauty Therapy
- Level 2 Media Make-up
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
You’ll have the opportunity to work in a commercial salon environment with real clients. You’ll need a full uniform and kit to do the course.
“I love coming in to College, seeing friends and working with hair and make-up. In the future, I want to work with celebrities’ hair and make-up and the skills we learn at College can really help me with that.”Oliver Soar Level 2 - Make-up Services
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering 2024-25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.