This Apprenticeship programme gives you the opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications whilst working within the industry.You will be required to attend College one day a week, whilst the rest of the course is undertaken on the job in your workplace.The Apprenticeship is made up of two components which include a technical qualification and a knowledge based qualification.
You will study a range of topics including the following Mandatory units:
- Shampoo and Condition and Treat the Hair and Scalp
- Cut Hair Using a Range of Techniques to Create a Variety of Looks
- Style and Finish Hair Using a Range of Techniques to Create a Variety of Looks
- Colour and Lighten Hair Using a Range of Techniques
- English and maths (if required)
- Perming Hair
- Relaxing Hair
- Hair Extension Services
- You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in your industry and earn a salary while you learn
- You will learn from our industry-experienced tutors in fully-equipped, professionally stocked, College salons
- Opportunity to participate in industry competitions such as World Skills and Inter-college challenges
- You will learn new skills, knowledge and behaviours and be able to transfer these skills
- You will have access to a highly qualified functional skills team
- You will have access to all College facilities and be issued with a student card
- GCSE English and maths at grade 2 or above of Functional Skills Level 1
- Successful interview and initial diagnostic tests
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01909 504500 .
- Specialist Industry Courses
- Level 3 Hairdressing
The fees for all apprenticeships are paid for by your employer. Employers access funding through the Apprenticeship Levy or their Digital Apprenticeship Service account. Employers can gain additional information from our apprenticeship team, contact email@example.com or call 01909 504777.
You will require a uniform (tunic and trousers), flat black closed toe shoes and a Level 2 Hairdressing kit (prices TBC and both can be ordered through college).
“I love coming in to College, seeing friends and working with hair and make-up. In the future, I want to work with celebrities’ hair and make-up and the skills we learn at College can really help me with that.”Oliver Soar Level 2 - Make-up Services
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024- 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.