This course will ensure you have the desired knowledge and skills to work effectively as a senior hairdresser/stylist.
You will gain high-level practical skills such as advanced cutting, colouring and styling techniques.
Once you complete this course you’ll be eligible to become a State Registered Hairdresser (SRH) with The Hairdressing Council.
Students must achieve all mandatory units which include:
- Health and Safety in the Salon
- Hairdressing Consultation
- Hair Cutting Services
- Hair Colouring Services
- Setting and Dressing Services
- Blow-drying and Finishing Services
- Colour Correction Services
- Hair and Scalp Treatments
- Hair Extension Services
- Men’s Cutting Services
- Occasion Hair Services
- Managing a Commercial Column
- Social Media Marketing
- Learn from experienced industrial specialists and salon owners
- Study in specialist salons with industry-standard equipment
- Work on real-life customers in our commercial salons
- Hear from guest speakers from local businesses and Steiner cruise ships
- Competitions including Sewhat and World Skills
- Work experience opportunities with local employers including Ye OIde Bell, Funky Divas and Steiner
- Level 2 Hairdressing qualification, and;
- GCSEs at Grade 4 or above in English and maths;
- Successful interview and workshop with a course tutor
- Good communication skills
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01909 504500.
- Level 3 Media Make-up
- HNC/D in Specialist Media Make-up
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
You’ll be expected to purchase a uniform and kit and a long haired tuition head. Further costs may incur depending on educational trips and chosen additional activities.
“I love coming in to College, seeing friends and working with hair and make-up. In the future, I want to work with celebrities’ hair and make-up and the skills we learn at College can really help me with that.”Oliver Soar Level 2 - Make-up Services
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024- 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.