You will have many opportunities to take part in commercial work, creating characters on theatre productions, designing high-end fashion makeup for fashion shows and working with medical professionals to create casualty effects. Former students have taken part in Europe’s largest disaster simulation in London.You will have access to state-of-the-art facilities, equipment and professional products from companies such as Illamasqua, Mistair, Treasure House, Dermalogica and Kryolan.
You will study in well-equipped studios and workshops and be taught by a team with strong reputations as practicing professional designers or researchers, as well as visiting lecturers, a dynamic programme of industry speakers, and international visits.
Our close links with industry will allow you to have the opportunity to work on a range of live project briefs with many organisations.
Level 4 HNC:
- The Performing Arts Industry
- Professional Development
- Investigation of a Specialism
- Special FX
- Hair and Make-up Application
- Fashion and Fashion Editorial Hair and Make-up
- Period Hair and Make-up
- Hair and Make-up Design
- Preparation, Process and Production in Creative Arts
- Management and Freelance Skills
- Design Techniques and Applications for the Performer
- Historical Context in Performing Arts
- Personal and Professional Development
- Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation
- Work-based Learning
- Period Hair and Make-up
- TV and Film Hair and Make-up
- A relevant Level 3 qualification
- GCSE English and maths at grade C/4 or above or equivalent
- Successful interview with a course tutor
- You must be flexible and able to commit to evening and weekend activities on location
- You will be expected to purchase a uniform and kit and pay for educational visits
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of the page.
Upon successful completion of these courses you could go into the TV and Film industry, theatre, makeup consultancy or self-employment.
“I definitely feel that the apprenticeship is preparing me for my future career. I’ve become very confident and comfortable in my role. The support I’ve received from people in the team has been brilliant and they’ve prepared me to work fulltime in the workplace”Stacey McCallum Business Administration Apprenticeship
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024- 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.