This course will prepare and support your progression to higher education, and employment in the sport and exercise science sector.You will gain the knowledge, understanding and skills that underpin study of the Sport and Exercise Science sector.You will hear from professionals in the fitness, sports, health, leisure and education industries to ensure you gain the skills required by the industry.
You will study a range of topics which may include:
- Sports and Exercise Physiology
- Functional Anatomy
- Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Nutrition for Sport and Exercise Performance
- Field and Laboratory-based Fitness Testing
- Applied Research Methods for Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Coaching for Performance and Fitness
- Research Project in Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Physical Activity for Individual and Group-based Exercise
- Specialised Fitness Training
- Technology in Sport and Exercise Science
- Sports Injury and Assessment
- We have close links with schools and fitness facilities in the Retford area that offer our students work experience and placements
- You will be involved in inclusive sports including goal ball, boccia, seated volleyball and other adapted sports
- You will have the opportunity to attend educational visits and be exposed to industry experts
- Participate in work placement to boost your skills in the Sport and Exercise Science sector
- Level 2 qualification in Sport or Public Services or
- Five GCSEs at Grade 4 or above including English and maths
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01909 504500.
- Foundation Degree in Sport Science
- BSc (Hons) in Sport Science
- Sport or fitness related apprenticeship
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
“I chose to study Sport at North Notts College, because it provides me with the skills required to pursue a career in professional ice hockey and personal training.”Ellie Newton Level 3 - BTEC National Extended Diploma in Sports Coaching and Development
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary..