This course is suitable for those who have significant experience of supporting children in an education environment and wish to move into a more specialised role.
It will provide you with core knowledge and skills to work unsupervised providing specialist support to children and young people within schools. You need to be employed or volunteering within schools for a minimum of two days a week.
- Developing professional relationships
- Understand how to safeguard the well- being of children and young people
- Schools as organisations
- Promoting children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Communicating with children, young people and adults
- Supporting literacy development
- Supporting numeracy development
- Plan and deliver learning activities
- Supervise children and young people on journeys, visits and activities
- We have excellent year on year results with 98% of our learners passing their qualifications
- We have well qualified teachers who all have experience of working in schools
- We have excellent relationships with our local schools
- The majority of our learners progress into jobs in the sector
- You will be well supported by your tutors and by your schools
- You should be working in a school or have a placement you have organised for a minimum of two days
- You will also need to obtain a full Disclosure and Barring Service certificate (DBS formerly CRB)
- Ideally you should have GCSE English and maths
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01909 504500.
- If you need further advice or guidance please contact the Enquiries Team
on 01909 504500.
“I enjoy coming into College, because I can socialise with my friends and learn about the key skills that I’ll need for a career in Education and Childcare.”Ryan Jones Level 2 Education and Childcare Services
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024-25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary..