This course will provide you with knowledge and understanding in 3 sector areas; Health, Business and Fitness. This course is for learners who do not want to specialize in one particular sector or are unsure where they wish to progress next. The course will prepare you for progression to Level 2 in a variety of subjects leading to employment or higher study. Core and transferable skills will be developed in; Communication, working with others, Problem solving, Managing information, Self-management and development. Practical projects will enable you to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding in a fun, enjoyable and creative style.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Techniques to improve own organisational skills.
- How to create a progression plan for the next stage in learning or employment
- Plan, record, review and take part in fitness testing activities required for different public services (Military, Police, Fire and Rescue)
- Research healthy lifestyles and work as a team to present and communicate information about healthy lifestyles.
- Communicate with customers in customer service situations.
- Solve problems when communicating with customers.
- Learn from industry-experienced and well-qualified tutors who have spent many years in Business, Healthcare or Public Services, and have specialist qualifications and knowledge to bring to their teaching.
- Learn from specialist staff who have a wealth of experience with complex and high needs learners who can support you to develop day to day life and employability skills.
- Take part in cross-cross college events
- Hear from a range of guest speakers from businesses, Army, sports people, Health professionals.
- Benefit from our links with local employers.
- GCSE grade 2 in English and maths
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01909 504500.
- Level 2 Public Services
- Level 2 Health
- Level 2 Business
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
You may be required to purchase a basic sports kit for practical activities
“I study Public Services at North Notts College to prepare me for a career in the Fire or Police Services”Harry Carr Level 3 - BTEC National Foundation Diploma in Uniformed Protective Services
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024-25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.