North Notts College construction apprentices were commended for their outstanding contribution to their studies at the college’s annual Construction Awards on Tuesday 15th March 2016.
The ceremony, which took place during National Apprenticeship Week 2016, celebrated the success and achievements of both apprentices and employers.
Apprentices were nominated by both their employers and tutors and picked out for their exceptional work over the past year and commitment to their course.
Proud family, friends and college staff attended the event, with Paul Baylis, Vice Principal at the College, presenting the award winners with a certificate and a coveted trophy.
Paul said: “The awards event was a recognition of the many skilled and talented young apprentices that undertake training with us and the important links that we have with employers within the region.
“It was a pleasure to celebrate the progress that all of these skilled apprentices have made whilst at the college and we look forward to even greater success in the future.”
This year’s award winners were:
- Best improved Learner in Carpentry and Joinery – Ian Floyd, Level 1 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery
- Best improved Learner in Bricklaying – Katie Greeves, Level 1 Diploma in Bricklaying
- Apprentice of the Year in Carpentry and Joinery – Andrew Thompson, Level 3 Wood Occs. (Bench, Heritage Skills)
- Apprentice of the Year in Bricklaying – Adam Coulson, Level 3 Trowel Occ. (Masonry, Heritage Skills)
- Overall Apprentice of the Year – Sophia Giselle Robinson, Level 3 Wood Occs. (Bench, Site, Heritage Skills)
- Employer Recognition Award – Lincoln Cathedral’s Works Department
To find out more about our construction courses, contact us on 01909 504504 or email email@example.com