You’ll learn all aspects of the hairdressing industry by developing your skills on family, friends and peers, aiming towards working in our commercial salons on real paying clients.
You’ll study a range of topics including:
- Client Consultation
- Shampooing and Conditioning
- Styling Hair
- Creating a Theme-based Image
- Basic Cutting Techniques
- Perming and Neutralising
- Basic Hair Colouring Techniques
- Salon Reception Duties
- Health and Safety
- Promoting Products and Services
- English and maths (if required)
- Learn from experienced industry experienced tutors who are salon owners
- Study in specialist salons with industry-standard equipment
- Work on real-life clients in our commercial salons
- Hear from guest speakers from local businesses and Steiner cruise ships
- Competitions including Sewhat and World Skills
- Work experience opportunities with local employers including Ye OIde Bell, Funky Divas and Steiner
Maths & English qualification
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01909 504500.
- Level 3 Hairdressing
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
You’ll be expected to purchase a uniform and kit and a long haired tuition head. Further costs may incur depending on educational trips and chosen additional activities.
“I love coming in to College, seeing friends and working with hair and make-up. In the future, I want to work with celebrities’ hair and make-up and the skills we learn at College can really help me with that.”Oliver Soar Level 2 - Make-up Services
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024- 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.