This course, taught in our new purpose-built facility, will provide you with the hands-on knowledge and experience to start a career in the electrical industry.
You will be encouraged to undertake a placement in the industry to gain a greater understanding of the trade in a real-life environment.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Complex Lighting Circuits
- Radial and Ring Circuits
- Fitting Consumer Units
- Testing Electrical Circuits
- Terminating a Range of Electrical Cables
- Employability and Team Work
- English and Maths (if required)
- You will learn in state-of-the-art facilities using industry-standard equipment
- We work in partnership with local businesses such as Wilko’s, B&Q, South Electrical and A1 housing
- You will attend industry competitions such as Skill Build, World Skills Competitions and the opportunity to take part in
- Inter-college Challenges
- You will be encouraged to take part in enrichment activities to support learning
- Carry out meaningful voluntary work that will help your CV within the local area
- Hear from a range of guest speakers from Electrical companies and wholesalers
- GCSE grade 4 or above in English and maths, or;
- Level 1 Electrical qualification
- Initial diagnostic tests and an interview with a course tutor
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01909 504500.
- Level 3 Electrical Installation/Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship
- Short industry-standard courses
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify for help with fees.
You will require Personal Protective Equipment including work trousers and safety shoes or boots.
“I really enjoy the hands-on learning that the Joinery course offers. This course, and the great teachers help me develop the skills that I will need for a career as a Joiner.”Josh Betts Level 1 - Certificate in Construction Skills
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024-25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.