This course is designed for students wanting to pursue a career as an employed or self-employed Makeup Artist, providing hair and makeup services in the media, theatre, fashion and photographic industries.
You’ll develop the knowledge, understanding and skills to plan for and provide make up applications, hair preparations services, fashion and editorial make up with extended knowledge in face and body art. This will enable you to produce an overall total look and participate in competition work.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Eyelash and Brow Treatments
- Body Art Design
- Make-up Application
- Art of Photographic Make-up
- Period Make-up
- Creative Hairdressing Design Skills
- Dressing Hair and Making a Hair Addition
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Research Skills
- Health and Safety
- Cosmetic Science
- English and maths (if required)
- Learn in a realistic, modern salon environment
- Learn from industry-experienced and well qualified tutors, many of whom still work in the industry
- Showcase your skills in inter-college competitions and WorldSkills
- Close links with local employers from the industry including local theatre groups, schools and salons
- Guest speakers and masterclasses from successful former students and local employers
- Learn how to network and set-up effective social media sites
- You’ll have the opportunity to assist Level 3 Media Make-Up students on location in theatres, fashion shows and more. You’ll also gain important industry experience throughout your course
- Three GCSEs at Grade 3 or above including English and maths
- Successful Course Interview
- Excellent communication skills and commitment to the course
- Flexibility to work on location in the evenings and on weekends
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01909 504500.
- Level 3 Media Make-up
- Level 3 Hairdressing
- Level 3 Beauty Therapy
- Apprenticeships in Hair and Beauty
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify for help with fees.
“I definitely feel that the apprenticeship is preparing me for my future career. I’ve become very confident and comfortable in my role. The support I’ve received from people in the team has been brilliant and they’ve prepared me to work fulltime in the workplace”Stacey McCallum Business Administration Apprenticeship
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024- 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.