Our careers programme is designed to help our learners make realistic and informed decisions about their career aspirations and future plans. Our dedicated team of Careers and Employability Officers and Career Coaches will meet you in your tutorial programmes and 1:1 sessions. Learners can also book in for appointments with the careers team.
Careers Team Mission Statement
We are committed to providing high quality, impartial careers information, advice and guidance tailored to meet individual needs. We will support and inspire our learners to empower them to realise their career goals and progress with their career plans.
North Notts College Careers Development Programme
Our careers programme will support learners with their career development to help them succeed at college and in the world of work.
The careers programme is embedded into college sessions and will ensure learners:
- Have the opportunity to spend time with an informed adviser and have information, advice and guidance interviews with the careers team at a time which is appropriate for the learner and is tailored to their needs
- Have access to high quality information on future pathways and the labour market
- Are challenged and encouraged to consider careers which they may not usually consider
- Understand links between their course and careers particularly the importance of Maths and English for future employment
- Explore more about different careers and the labour market needs of different job sectors through talks, visits, events, industry placements and uptodate information
- Have the opportunity to understand the progression pathways including, academic and vocational routes at 16+, including FE courses, apprenticeships as well as learning at higher education. This will include visits, talks and events from the college apprenticeship team as well as Rotherham UCR, Higher Education Progression Partnership (HEPP) team and our other partner organisations. We will support learners making applications to university, college, jobs or apprenticeships.
- Devise a careers plan as part of their ongoing course programme
- Gain skills through coaching sessions in preparation for university or job interviews
The Government issued a new careers guidance strategy in February 2018 for colleges along with a requirement for colleges to meet the Gatsby Benchmarks:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each student
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
These Benchmarks are embedded in all aspects of college life including the careers programme. Our IAG service is quality assured through Matrix accreditation. For assistance with the careers programme or the college strategy please contact our Careers Leader Lindsey Ascough on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01709 722777.
Contact the Careers Team
On each campus we have a Careers Lounge where you will find a member of our Careers Team.
Careers resources can be found in the Careers Lounges and on our Moodle page.
For 1:1 careers support:
Email email@example.com or phone 01909 504504