You will work towards a Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations, and will specialise in either Site Carpentry or Architectural Carpentry. You will be given the opportunity to achieve nationally recognised qualifications whilst gaining practical skills within the workplace.
You will work towards your qualification whilst attending college one day per week to carry-out your practical and written assessments.
- Work Safely and be aware of key Health, Safety and Welfare Issues
- Plan and carry out work to Commercial Standards of Quality and Speed
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources and Materials
- Legislation and Guidance
- Interpret and Follow Verbal and Written Instructions
- Select the Required Materials such as correct Timber, Tools and Fixings
- Access, Interpret and Use Drawings and Specifications
- Communication and Complying with Instructions and Directions from Rrade Supervisors and Site Managers
- Understanding and Interpreting Relevant Product Information and Specifications
- Understand How to Calculate Quantity, Length, Area and Wastage of Resources
- Understand the Characteristics, Quality, Uses, Sustainability, Limitations and Defects associated with Timber and Timber-based Products and Components
- You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in your industry and earn a salary while you learn
- You will learn from our industry-experienced tutors
- You will be taught in purpose-built, industry-standard facilities
- You’ll participate in industry competitions such as Skill Build, World Skills and Inter-college challenges
- You will learn new skills, knowledge and behaviours and be able to transfer these skills
- You will have access to a highly qualified functional skills team
- You will have access to all College facilities and be issued with a student card
- GCSE English and maths at grade 2 or above, or Level 1 Functional Skills
- You will normally be expected to have completed in Level 1 Joinery or Carpentry qualification
- You will also undertake initial diagnostic tests and interview before starting the course
- Other relevant experience and qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01909 504500.
- Level 3 Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 4 Site Manager Apprenticeship Standard
The fees for all apprenticeships are paid for by your employer. Employers access funding through the Apprenticeship Levy or their Digital Apprenticeship Service account. Employers can gain additional information from our apprenticeship team, contact email@example.com or call 01909 504777.
You will require PPE clothing including work trousers and safety shoes or boots.
“I really enjoy the hands-on learning that the Joinery course offers. This course, and the great teachers help me develop the skills that I will need for a career as a Joiner.”Josh Betts Level 1 - Certificate in Construction Skills
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024- 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.