Working towards a Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations, you will specialise in either Site Carpentry or Architectural Carpentry. You will be given the opportunity to achieve nationally recognised qualifications, whilst gaining practical skills within the work place.You will also work towards your qualifications whilst attending college one day per week for your practical and written assessments.
- Health and Safety
- Understand the Programme and Work Schedule for their Work Area and Plan their Work Accordingly
- Develop and Maintain Good Working Relationships with Managers, Supervisors and Colleagues
- Determine the Best Way of Carrying Out Work and Ensure this is Communicated Clearly to Colleagues
- Interpret Technical Specifications and Ensure Compliance with Legislation/Guidance Relevant to the Work Being Done
- Select the Required Quantity and Quality of Resources Required for
Carrying out Complex and Non-standard Work including Timber, Tools and Fixings
- Creating a Safe and Healthy Working Environment
- Understand how to consider Complex Environmental and Task Related Challenges
- Understand How to Access Data needed to Plan and Execute Work Tasks Accurately, an Understanding of Building Information Modelling (BIM.) and its impact on Construction Projects
- Understand Legislation and Guidance in Undertaking Construction Work
- You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in your industry and earn a salary while you learn
- You will learn from our industry-experienced tutors
- You will be taught in purpose-built, industry-standard facilities
- You’ll participate in industry competitions such as Skill Build, World Skills and Inter-college challenges
- You will learn new skills, knowledge and behaviours and be able to transfer these skills
- You will have access to a highly qualified functional skills team
- You will have access to all College facilities and be issued with a student card
- GCSE English and maths (A-C) or Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications
- You would normally be expected to have completed a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Joinery or a Level 2 qualification in Joinery
- Other relevant experience and qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- You will also undertake initial diagnostic tests and interview before starting the course
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01909 504500.
Level 4 Site Manager Apprenticeship Standard
The fees for all apprenticeships are paid for by your employer. Employers access funding through the Apprenticeship Levy or their Digital Apprenticeship Service account. Employers can gain additional information from our apprenticeship team, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01909 504777.
You will require PPE clothing including work trousers and safety shoes or boots.
“I really enjoy the hands-on learning that the Joinery course offers. This course, and the great teachers help me develop the skills that I will need for a career as a Joiner.”Josh Betts Level 1 - Certificate in Construction Skills
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024- 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.