With our range of courses in beauty therapy and hairdressing/Barbering at our Worksop campus and hair and media make-up courses at Retford Post-16 Centre, you can choose a specialist area that most interests you. Our courses combine practical, hands-on sessions with theory-based sessions on anatomy and physiology and underlying conditions. You’ll also have the chance to work on real-life clients in our commercial salon and showcase your skills in events and competitions. You’ll train in our industry-standard training salons that replicate what it’s like to work in a real salon environment, and you’ll learn from staff who still practice as Hairdressers, Beauty Therapists and Make-up Artists.
Learning from our experienced staff in industry-standard training and commercial salons, you will study everything from the science behind hair conditions to health and safety, practical hair cutting and colouring techniques.
On our Hairdressing/Barbering courses you will –
Learn your trade on real clients in our purpose-built College-salonINsync – Develop your knowledge, skill and understanding of salon treatments Have the opportunity to undertake work placement Develop your customer service skills. You can further your knowledge and skills by undertaking optional short courses covering skills such as hair extension application, further preparing you for a career in the industry. Find out more and apply below.
The Beauty industry is booming! On our Beauty courses you will study all aspects of beauty therapy, where you’ll develop the key skills and knowledge needed to be at the top of your profession.
On our Beauty courses you will –
Learn your trade in our commercial salons using the latest industry standard equipment and products Develop a core understanding of how to manage a salon and run a reception Carry out facials, manicures, pedicures hair removal and moreStudy everything from anatomy and physiology to health and safety You will have the chance to undertake work placements with our network of local employers in the beauty industry including salons, spas and other settings, building your experience and allowing your CV to shine. Find out more and apply below.
• Learn from experienced industry experienced tutors who are salon owners
• Study in specialist salons with industry-standard equipment
• Work on real-life clients in our commercial salons
• Hear from guest speakers from local businesses, Steiner cruise ships, Great British Barber Bash
• Competitions including Focus on You show and World Skills
• Work experience opportunities with local employers including Ye OIde Bell, Funky Divas and Steiner
• Learn from industry-experienced and well-qualified tutors who have spent many years in the beauty industry, and have specialist qualifications and knowledge to bring to their teaching
• Access the state-of-the-art salon facilities and equipment
• Take part in cross-campus events and charity fundraisers
• Hear from a range of guest speakers from the beauty industry
• Acquire new skills and enrichment specific to the beauty industry
Find out more and apply below on –
Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify for help with fees.If you need further advice or guidance please contact the Enquiries Team on 01709 513355.
“I love coming in to College, seeing friends and working with hair and make-up. In the future, I want to work with celebrities’ hair and make-up and the skills we learn at College can really help me with that.”Oliver Soar Level 2 - Make-up Services
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024- 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.