You will learn how to install, maintain and repair electrical systems in industrial, commercial and domestic environments.You will gain the knowledge and skills required to work safely with a range of electrical equipment and systems including switchboards, motors, cables, fuses, thermal relays, fault current protection switches, heating, lighting, air conditioning and metering equipment as well as crime and fire alarm systems and renewable energy technologies.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Understanding and Application of Health, Safety and Environmental Considerations
- Electrical Scientific Principles and Technologies
- Understand Design and Installation Practices and Procedures
- Understand how to Plan and Oversee Electrical Work Activities
- Organise and Oversee the Electrical Work Environment
- Understand Terminations and Connections of Conductors
- Terminate and Connect Conductors
- Understand Inspection, Testing and Commissioning
- Inspect, Test and Commission Electrical Systems
- Understand Fault Diagnosis and Rectification
- Apply Fault Diagnosis and Rectification
- Understand the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671:2018
- Apply Design and Installation Practices and Procedures or Apply Practices and Procedures for Maintenance
- You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in your industry and earn a salary while you learn
- You will learn from our industry-experienced tutors
- You will be taught in purpose-built, industry-standard facilities
- You’ll participate in industry competitions such as Skill Build, World Skills and Inter-college challenges
- You will learn new skills, knowledge and behaviours and be able to transfer these skills
- You will have access to a highly qualified functional skills team
- You will have access to all College facilities and be issued with a student card
- Level 2 qualification in Electrical Installation, however other relevant experience and qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- You will also undertake initial diagnostic tests and interview before starting the course
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01909 504500.
- Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor apprenticeship
- Level 5 Operations Departmental Manager apprenticeship
- Industry Short Courses
The fees for all apprenticeships are paid for by your employer. Employers access funding through the Apprenticeship Levy or their Digital Apprenticeship Service account. Employers can gain additional information from our apprenticeship team, contact email@example.com or call 01909 504777.
You will require PPE clothing including work trousers and safety shoes or boots.
“I really enjoy the hands-on learning that the Joinery course offers. This course, and the great teachers help me develop the skills that I will need for a career as a Joiner.”Josh Betts Level 1 - Certificate in Construction Skills
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024- 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.