This course covers the full range of routine vehicle fitting procedures. You will gain the essential knowledge and skills required to work on a wide range of vehicles in all types of garages, dealerships and fast fit businesses.
You will study both the theory and practical aspects of vehicle fitting and helps them gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace, agreeing customer vehicle needs and other skills associated with working in a garage.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Chassis Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Simple Fault Diagnosis and Repair
- Routine Servicing and Maintenance
- English and maths (if required)
- Work in a modern motor vehicle facility with industry-standard equipment
- Learn from industry-experienced tutors
- Visit Motor Vehicle industry events
- Gain work experience in local garages
- Hear from guest speakers from the Motor Vehicle industry
- Opportunity to gain experience with hybrid and electric vehicles
- Level 1 Motor Vehicle qualification or;
- Four GCSEs at grade 3 or above including English and maths
- An interest in the Motor Vehicle industry
- Interview with a course tutor
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01909 504500.
Motor Vehicle Apprenticeships
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify for help with fees.
You will be required to provide protective steel toe capped footwear and overalls
“I decided to go to North Notts College as it is local to where I live and I get to study a practical course which will help me get a job after College.”William Long Level 2 - Diploma in Engineering Operations
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024-25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary..