This course is designed to give a basic introduction to, and understanding of, plumbing.
You will develop a range of plumbing skills that will offer a sound basis to progressing to further study, apprenticeships or employment in the industry.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Understanding different bending techniques
- Complete jointing techniques
- Fit sinks and taps
- Low carbon steel
- Employability and team work
- English and Maths (if required)
- You will learn in state-of-the-art facilities using industry-standard equipment
- You will be taught by tutors with a wealth of experience in the industry
- You will participate in industry competitions such as Skill Build, World Skills Competitions and Inter-college Challenges
- We work in close partnership with local businesses such as Willmott Dixon and Kier Group
- You will undertake work experience and meet with key employers in the trade
- No formal entry requirements but you will be expected to have a genuine interest and practical aptitude for the subject
- You will undertake initial diagnostic tests and an interview with a course tutor
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01909 504500.
- Level 2 Plumbing
- Level 3 Plumbing and Domestic Heating Engineer Apprenticeship
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify for help with fees.
You will require Personal Protective Equipment including work trousers and safety shoes or boots.
“I really enjoy the hands-on learning that the Joinery course offers. This course, and the great teachers help me develop the skills that I will need for a career as a Joiner.”Josh Betts Level 1 - Certificate in Construction Skills
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024-25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.