This course is designed to provide the broad knowledge and skills required to become a qualified plumber.
You will gain knowledge and develop a range of plumbing skills that will offer a sound basis to progress to further study, apprenticeships or employment in the industry.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Cold Water Systems,
- Hot Water Systems
- Central Heating Systems
- Drainage Systems
- Various Plumbing Techniques
- Installation of Various Pipework, Materials and components
- Develop your Practical Skills and Use of Craft Tools
- English and maths (if required)
- You will learn in state-of-the-art facilities using industry-standard equipment
- You will be taught by tutors with a wealth of experience in the industry
- You will participate in industry competitions such as Skill Build, World Skills Competitions and Inter-college Challenges
- We work in close partnership with local businesses such as Willmott Dixon and Kier Group
- You will undertake work experience and meet with key employers in the trade
Level 1 Plumbing
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01909 504500.
- Level 3 Gas Engineering Operative Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technician Apprenticeship
- Short industry-standard courses
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
You will require Personal Protective Equipment including work trousers and safety shoes or boots.
“I really enjoy the hands-on learning that the Joinery course offers. This course, and the great teachers help me develop the skills that I will need for a career as a Joiner.”Josh Betts Level 1 - Certificate in Construction Skills
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024-25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.