This a one-year course designed to equip you with the knowledge, understanding and skills required for success when moving towards a career in the Public Services. Through studying a range of different topics, you will learn how the different public services work individually and how they interact with each other. You will also have the opportunity to discover the levels of fitness required and how to improve your health and fitness for entry into these roles.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Public Service skills
- Employment in the Uniformed Services
- Health and Fitness for Entry into the Public Services
- Sport and Recreation
- Teamwork and Leadership
- Learn from teachers with a range of experience in the Public Service sector including a Firefighter and an RAF Officer
- We offer a supportive learning environment
- Access to a high-quality gym and fitness suite with specialist equipment
- Work experience opportunities with local employers
- Events and guest speaker slots from the military and other uniformed services
- You can participate in outdoor adventurous activities and college challenges including cycling, hill walking and orienteering
- 3 GCSEs including English and maths at grade 3 or above
- If you haven’t already achieved GCSE English and Maths at grade 4 or above you will undertake these qualifications alongside your main programme
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01909 504500.
You could progress to our Level 3 Public Services course.
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
You will require fitness apparel for your practical sessions
“I study Public Services at North Notts College to prepare me for a career in the Fire or Police Services”Harry Carr Level 3 - BTEC National Foundation Diploma in Uniformed Protective Services
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024-25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.