This course is built in two parts that are one-year each. The first year of study is a Certificate in Health and Social Care. The second year of study is an Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care.
This course will enable you to develop relationships with a range of service users and be able to plan for their individual care needs. You will learn how to complete a care plan and identify basic care needs as well as the equipment needed to support that person to maintain their independence.
You will develop key skills that employers are looking for such as time management, care planning, report writing, communication skills and how to work effectively with other professionals.
You will also develop your personal qualities such as compassion, respect for others, valuing opinions and other key skills.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Human Development
- Equality and Diversity
- Research Skills
- Reflective Practice
- You will undertake work experience in a range of care setting giving you valuable industry experience
- Hear from guest speakers from various areas of the health and social care sector
- Learn from vocationally qualified staff who have a wide variety of experience having worked within the industry
- In our clinical skills suite you can gain practical skills linked to academic assignments
- You may be asked to participate in cross-college events
- You may be asked to participate in fundraising activities and college promotional events
- Five GCSEs at Grade 4 or above including English and maths or;
- Level 2 Health and Social Care qualification
- A clear DBS check
- Successful interview with a course tutor
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01909 504500.
- Foundation Degree in Professional Practice in Health and Social Care
- Level 5 Healthcare Assistant Practitioner Apprenticeship (if employed)
- Nursing or Midwifery Degrees
- Diagnostics Radiography (you will need GCSE Science)
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
You may be required to purchase a polo shirt and black trousers for work placement as well as any relevant course text books which will enhance your studies. Access to on line resources.
“I want to go on to study at University and become a Paramedic. This course helps me prepare for that next step and I get to learn in a friendly and fun environment.”Ryan Lebeter Level 2 - Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary..